Understanding Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) for Manufacturing
SMED stands for Single Minute Exchange of Die. Quick Changeover, often referredto as SMED or Setup Reduction, is a fundamental concept in Lean productioneliminates or reduces non-value-added activities in the setup and teardownprocesses of manufacturing, allowing companies to quickly and efficientlychange from one product to another.
Quick Changeover is a critical component of Lean Manufacturing, time spent insetting up equipment for production does not add value, is considered waste, and waste must be reduced or eliminated, SMED setup reduction methods aim to reduce production changeover to the shortest possible time. In addition to improving cycle time in a process, SMED can help reduce costs and increase flexibility within a process.
The training follows the principles first expressed by Dr. Shigeo Shingo andhis work on Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED).
Participants learn the standard methodology in applying SMED. The techniques covered demonstrate how to reduce changeover time from hours to minutes and even seconds.
- Reduce Inventory costs
- Increase Production Flexibility
- Improve on-time delivery
- Understand how quick changeover/setup reduction supports lean manufacturing
- Learn key concepts and principles related to Quick Changeover/setup reduction
- Develop skills required to apply Quick Changeover using a disciplined, visual process of documentation and improvement
- Experience a team approach to quick changeover/setup reduction
- Recognize how quick changeover/setup reduction can be applied to support functions throughout the value chain
For Enquiries /Registration
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (attn : Ms Petunlia)