FMM Selangor - All About Leave
||February 14, 2017
||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM
||Shah Alam - Concorde Hotel Shah Alam
LEAVE can refer to paid or unpaid time off work. It is not uncommon to have employees disputing the employers’ calculation of leave entitlement, balance, wages in lieu of leave and etc. in respect to annual leave, unpaid leave, sick leave, termination and other types of leave. It is pertinent for the people who managed their employees to possess an intimate knowledge of the principal legislations in the country especially in these areas.
Registration Deadline: February 07, 2017
The lack of it or in many cases, improper knowledge of these provisions often lead to unnecessary skirmishes between parties involved. The uniformed employers also risk running foul of the law when they carry out unlawful pay deductions or incorrect leave calculations. Employers will be well advised if they update themselves on the law in regard to the above HR issues.
Here is an opportunity for you to obtain a deeper understanding of the legal requirements and procedures involved on the area of LEAVE especially on the topics of Annual Leave, Unpaid Leave, Sick Leave and other types of leave, i.e. compassionate leave, calamity leave, marriage leave, study leave and even emergency leave.
• Legal Provisions as per EA, 1955
• Annual Leave, Unpaid Leave and Approvals
• Sick Leave, Unpaid Sick Leave and Panel Doctors
• Hospitalisation Leave
• Excessive Medical Leave and Termination
• Prolonged Illness Leave
• Public Holidays and Substituted Holiday
• Maternity Leave and Calculations
• National Service Training Act, 2003
• Leave on Trade Union Business
• Compassionate and Special Paid Leave
• Leave Due To Imprisonment
• Calculations - Leave Entitlement and In lieu of Leave
• Case Studies and Court Awards – Leave Disputes
Mr Heng Poh Suan, Human Resource & Industrial Advisor of FMM would be facilitating this one-day programme. To make the programme more fruitful, members are also encouraged to highlight issues related to Discipline and Misconduct to the speaker.
Inquiry & Registration
Rajeswary / Yati
Tel: 03-55692950/ 4471/ 4171,
Fax: 03-5569 4346/ 5569 2576
Advertising Opportunities in FMM's Directories: