Risks & Frauds Management of Trade Finance: AML & Terrorist Financing
Do you know what is Anti-Money Laundering (AML)? What are the AML regulatory requirements? Why some CEOs and senior management worry over whether their firm is compliant? What is the role of the
internal audit, compliance and client contact officers in AML? Do you know if there are controls in place to identify, monitor and report on money laundering risks?
This interactive and engaging course aim to provide participants with a better understanding of AML and terrorist financing, the red flags, effective controls in place to monitor and report money laundering risks THROUGH latest case studies and discussions.
- What is money laundering and terrorist financing
- The link : Corruption & Money Laundering and Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing
- Typologies: techniques used to launder money or finance terrorism. Case Studies
- Red flags: money transfer, trade finance
- Case Studies on trade-based money laundering
- Case Studies of frauds & scams across the regions, especially high-risk countries
- Understand anti-money laundering (AML) in the new environment
- Know the difference between AML and terrorist financing
- Learn to identify and monitor suspicious transactions to meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Understand the role of internal audit, compliance and client contact officers in AML
- Knowledge of practical steps required to manage money-laundering and terrorist financing risks, including customer due diligence, suspicious activity reporting and ongoing monitoring
- Technical Consultant on Trade Finance issues for the Association of Banks in Singapore and External Trade Finance Adviser of a number of banks in Asia Pacific.
- More than 25 years’ experience in trade finance operations with local and foreign banks in Singapore and Malaysia.
- PhD in Law from the China University of Political Science & Law in 2011; Bachelor of Commerce (1st class)(Honours) major in Economics from Nanyang University, Singapore in 1973, and completed the Advanced Bank Management Program with the Asian Institute of Management, Manila in 1986.
|ICC Malaysia Members
*includes course materials, lunches, refreshments & certificate. Fee quoted includes 6% GST.
** For registration AND payment received on / before 17 October 2016.
Contact: Lily Hee
Tel: 03-6286 7200
Fax: 03-6274 1266 / 7288
Two methods to register participants
1.Email or fax completed registration form to ICC Malaysia. Please download the registration form
2.Register online by clicking the button "REGISTER NOW" which is located at the bottom of this event website. You will need to complete all the steps of the online registration to receive an automated Event Order/confirmation via email.
The Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel
2, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 03-7959 9000
Fax: 03-7959 9111
Location map of The Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel, Petaling Jaya