Attention: Safety Manager / Officer / Administration Manager / Human Resource Manager
SHORT TERM TRAINING COURSE ON FIRE FIGHTING & FIRE PREVENTION
We are pleased to inform you that due to the overwhelming response received from the industries, the FMM Penang Branch in collaboration with the Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia, Negeri Pulau Pinang (Penang Fire and Rescue Department) will be organizing a 3-day short term training course on “FIRE FIGHTING & FIRE PREVENTION” from 09 - 11 July 2012.
The course will be conducted in Bahasa Malaysia by qualified trainers and fire fighters from the Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia, Negeri Pulau Pinang.
Participants of this programme will be required to sit for a written and practical examination and evaluation at the end of the course. A Certificate of participation will be presented by the Jabatan Bomba dan Penyelamat Malaysia, Negeri Pulau Pinang to all successful participants. In addition, participants would also receive a certificate of attendance from the FMM.
Details of the programme are as follows:
- Familiarize employees with the use of fire fighting equipment and enable companies to act immediately and effectively during emergencies;
- To learn the objective and role of an E.R.T (Emergency Response Team);
- To enable employees to understand and expose them to the proper procedures of installation, maintenance and usage of fire fighting equipment at their factory / building premise;
- Learn to prevent fire and douse fire during initial stages;
- To upgrade the skills and knowledge of workers in areas that are normally not taken seriously;
- Comply with the Fire Certificate requirement.
- Akta Perkhidmatan Bomba - Jenis dan Fungsi Alat Pemadam Api
- Pengenalan dan Peranan E.R.T - Tatacara Penggunaan Alat Pemadam Api
- Keselamatan Kebakaran - Asas Peralataan Kebombaan
- Asas Kimia Kebakaran - Asas Sistem Pasangan Tetap
- Kawad Basah, Menyelamat, Kaki, Hos Permulaan & Salur Bantu Mula
3. DATE, TIME & VENUE
Date: 09 - 11 July 2012 (Monday – Wednesday)
Time: 8.00 am to 6.15 pm daily
Venue: Balai Bomba dan Penyelamat Bayan Baru, 11950 Bayan Baru, Pulau Pinang
4. PARTICIPATION FEES
FMM Members: RM 650.00 / participant
Non-FMM Members: RM 850.00 / participant
5. WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Property / Facilities Manager & Executives, Department Heads, Safety and Health Committee Members, Line Leaders / Supervisors and others responsible for fire safety and prevention, evacuation plan and control of fire.
6. GRANT UNDER THE SBL SCHEME
Employers undertaking the training and skill upgrading of their employees through this programme are advised to apply to HRDC for training grants under the SBL Scheme. If approved, employers will be eligible to claim up to 100 % of the allowable cost.
7. ADMINISTRATIVE DETAILS
Places are limited to 35 pax and thus registration will be based on a “first-come, first-served” basis upon receipt of completed form. Attached herewith the registration form. The completed registration form should be returned by fax/email to the FMM Penang Branch by 29 June 2012 (Friday).
There will be no refund for cancellations within 2 days prior to the programme, 50% refund for cancellation between 3 - 6 days and full refund for cancellations 7 days prior to the programme. However, replacements can be accepted at no additional cost. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing to the FMM. Participants who registered but did not attend will be billed accordingly. FMM reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the above programme and all efforts will be taken to inform participants of any changes.
For further information, please contact Mr. Quah/ Ms. Chittra of the FMM Penang Branch Secretariat at Tel No: 04-630 2051/ 04-399 2057, Fax No: 04-630 2054 / 04-399 4863 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.