|Key facts of the show :
• 2012 will see the staging of the 19th annual Southern African International Trade Exhibition (SAITEX). .
• SAITEX is the only multi-sectoral even of its kind in Africa as well as being the most international supported trade fair on the continent.
• In year 2011, SAITEX saw 783 companies exhibiting from 32 countries and 14,700 visitors.
• SAITEX is co-located with the continent’s largest Food and Beverage trade industry event Africa’s Big Seven (AB7). The only event in Africa that has seven elements track food and beverage products from the far gate through all manufacturing processes into the retail environment.
• Retail ready products
• Fast Moving Consumer Goods
• Electronic systems/appliances
• Textiles and apparel
• Footwear & leather products
• Office equipment, furniture & stationery
• Innovative & Creative products/New Patents
• Machinery for manufacturing and packaging retail ready products such as food and beverages, stationery, plastics, clothing, footwear and leather products, cosmetics, households articles, etc.
• Plumbing products, sanitary ware
Housewares & Homewares
• Bedding & Linen, including
-Duvet, comforters, bedcovers, throws, quilts, sheets, inners & protectors
-Kids linen & bedding, bedroom/playroom accessories
-Towels & Tableware
• Curtains & Window finishing / fittings
• Kitchenware and Cookware
• Household & Kitchen Appliances/Equipment, including electrical & manual
• White goods
• Brown goods
• Home entertainment systems & related products
• Furniture: indoor, outdoor & workspace
• Carpets, rugs & flooring
• Soft furnishings, baskets
• Lighting & Lighting Accessories
• Candles, Vases, Vessels
• Home Storage
• Wall & Sculptural Artwork
• Frames, Mirrors
• Household Fittings, Accessories & Home décor
• Camping & leisure equipment
• Sports, health & gym equipment
• DIY products, tools, swimming pool and garden equipment
For further information, pleas visit the fair's website http://www.exhibitionsafrica.com/saitex.html for further details.
Qualified SMI companies are eligible for 50% matching grant i.e. Market Development Grant from MATRADE on the cost of participating in the Southern African International Trade Exhibition 2012. All Malaysian companies are also eligible for Double Deduction for Export Promotion from the Inland Revenue Board. These tax incentive and financial assistance will help to reduce exhibitors’ overall costs of