Bridging Africa & ASEAN
Member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations will make a leap into the African continent with their first joint trade mission and business expo, the inaugural Africa-ASEAN Business Expo (AABE), in South Africa in 2017. The expo, led by the Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF) and Conference & Exhibition Management Services (CEMS), aims to introduce African businesses to the newly established ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), as the two regions ramp up their bilateral trade and investment cooperation in the face of global economic uncertainties.
Supported by the IE Singapore, FMM and chambers of commerce and industries in ASEAN, the premiere AABE 2017 will kick off at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa, from November 6-8, 2017. The inaugural AABE will focus on boosting bilateral trade between African and ASEAN business in the fields of energy, water, housing, building and construction, healthcare, transportation and logistics, food and beverages, IT and telecoms, franchising and licensing, education and financial and business services. AABE 2017 is expected to attract some 100 key exhibitors from Africa and ASEAN countries. AABE will also feature onsite business matching services as well as a hosted buyers’ programme specially tailored to bring in quality buyers from the Africa and ASEAN to the event. Held in conjunction with AABE 2017 would be an Africa-ASEAN Business Forum, highlighting the immense business opportunities in the two economic regions.
Why in South Africa?
- The Republic of South Africa is a steady, well functioning economy;
- It is one of the most sophisticated, diverse and promising emerging markets globally;
- Strategically located at the Southern tip of the Africa continent, South Africa is a key investment location, both for the market opportunities that lie within its borders and as a gateway to the rest of the continent, a market of more than 1.11 billion people;
- Johannesburg is one of the world’s leading financial centers, making it the economic and financial hub producing 16% of the country’s gross domestic product.
Participation Fees (under International Pavilion)
Bare Space SDG550/sqm (Min 18 sqm)
Shell Scheme SDG650/sqm (min 9sqm)
A standard Shell Scheme of 9sqm Package includes:
- Fascia Board with Company Name and Stand No
- White Partitions
- Needle-Punched Carpeting
- Single Phased Electrical Socket (220v)
- 2 Fluorescent Lights
- 2 Folding Chairs
- 1 Information Counter
- 1 Waste paper Basket
For more information, please contact Ms Koh Wee Leng, FMM Secretariat at tel: 03-62867369 or fax : 03-62741266/7288 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.