Companies have used trade finance instruments to manage risks when exporting and importing goods internationally. Trade finance ensures that cross-border business is protected against late payments, delayed delivery, geopolitical instability, currency fluctuations, and other known and unknown risks. Trade finance facilities can also improve competitive edge by optimising profits from transactions; to better manage cash flow and expand business.
Attend this seminar to increase your understanding of trade financing to boost sales globally, to access low cost working capital, to improve banking relationship and increase confidence in offering credit to customers.
Better understanding of:
- Trade financing instruments
- Difference between paying interest upfront and later
- Funding rates and financing rates of banks
- With or without recourse trade financing
- Save, reduce or avoid bank trade products’ charges
- Mitigate and manage trade risks
- Use bank trade products to enhance business volume and profits
- Business Owners, CEOs, Managing Directors
- Finance / Accounts Managers
- Sales / Shipping Managers
- Risk Management and Compliance Managers
|| Registration and Welcome Coffee
|| Welcome Remarks by ICC Malaysia
- Understanding Banks’ Trade Financing Instruments
- Popular Trade Financing Instruments
|| Coffee Break
- How a Trade Financing Loan is Funded & Priced
- How Trade Loans are Booked in Banks with and without Recourse Trade Financing
- Understanding the Major International Trade Risks
- Mitigating Importing & Exporting Risks
|| Coffee Break
- Making Use of Banks’ Trade Products & Services
- Capitalise on Networkings & Business Connections
- Saving on Bank Charges
|| Question and Answer
|| End of Programme
- JIMMY PHUA POH SENG, CEO & Senior Advisor, INTRAFIN Advisory
- Has more than 30 years’ of trade banking experience with eight local and foreign banks, where he held responsibilities for trade finance operations and marketing, structuring of trade finance deals, conducting in-house training for bank staff and customers.
- Was Trade Advisor with OCBC Bank Malaysia Bhd until June 2015. In OCBC, his advisory role included all aspects of the bank’s import and export trade operations and trade financing instruments, training staff on trade financing products and services. He was instrumental to the bank’s introduction of new trade products and services.
- Was a member of EXIM Bank’s Export Credit Refinancing Working Committee, Bank Negara Malaysia’s New Trade Products Working Committee and ICC Malaysia Banking Committee & UCP 600 Task Force.
| ICC Malaysia Members
| FMM Members / Non Members
*(includes course materials, lunch, refreshments & certificate). Fee quoted includes 6% GST.
** For registration AND payment received on / before 31 August 2016
Contact: Lily Hee
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 03-6286 7200
Fax: 03-6274 1266 / 7288
Two methods to register participants
1.Email or fax completed registration form to FMM. Please download the registration form
2.Register online by clicking the button "REGISTER NOW" which is located at the bottom of this event website. You will need to complete all the steps of the online registration to receive an automated Event Order/confirmation via email.
The Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel
2, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel: 03-7959 9000
Fax: 03-7959 9111
Location map of The Royale Chulan Damansara Hotel, Petaling Jaya