What is the National Corporate Innovation Index (NCII)?
- The NCII, borne of a policy recommendation within the National Innovation Strategy, is a tool designed to assist companies in embedding a systematic approach to manage innovation.
- The NCII is a set of universal innovation indicators which could accurately gauge each company’s innovation performance.
- It is an innovation management and development tool that will provide companies with a comprehensive overview of crucial areas that need to be managed and further developed to boost their innovativeness
At the end of the workshop, the participant should be able to:
What does it measure?
- Position “Organisational Innovation” as one of the key strategic enabler to spearhead sustainable business performance and growth in the organisation.
- Introduce and explain the NCII Framework to relevant stakeholders in the organisation.
- Utilise the ‘NCII Online Innovation Management Tool’ to establish the organisation’s level of innovativeness.
- Administer and roll-out the ‘NCII Online Innovation Management Tool’ across the organisation.
- Utilise the “Organisation Innovation Scorecard / Dashboard” to focus on improvement strategies.
- Qualitative and quantitative indicators
- Financial and non-financial measures
- Alignment of innovation strategy
- Innovation leadership
- Innovation investment
- Ideas & experimentations
- External collaboration
- Innovation execution
- Value creation
- Innovation culture
- Independent studies have shown that innovative companies outperform non-innovative companies;
- Better understand and improve your company’s innovation management;
- Garner insights and obtain data, uncover areas of strengths and weaknesses relative to your company’s innovation endeavours.
Pertinent information regarding the workshop
- There is no cost or charge to participants / companies for participating except they bear their own travelling expenses.
- The workshop would be a half-day session (from 8.45am to 1.00pm) where we would introduce the NCII in a comprehensive and informative way and provide training on the utilisation and administering of the online tool of the NCII.
- Participants are required to bring along their laptop or iPad / tablet.
- The preferred participants to the workshop would to be those that will be the administrator of the NCII in their respective companies.
- Participation is limited to two (2) representatives per company.
- During the workshop they will be required to go through and respond to the whole NCII framework. This is so that they could then be able to conduct the NCII with other colleagues in their company.
For further information on NCII, please visit www.ncii.my or contact.
CONTACT: Puan Kamsiah / Puan Hema Thiruchelvam, Business Environment Division, FMM HQ at Tel: 03-6286 7200 or Fax: 03-6274 1266 / 7288.