Luncheon Talk by Sarawak Energy Berhad & Ministry of Industrial Development Sarawak
What makes Sarawak an ideal investment destination for your company?.....
Abundant, renewable, reliable and competitively-priced electricity
Sarawak Energy Berhad (Sarawak Energy) is a State-owned, vertically integrated, electricity utility and energy development company in Sarawak.
The State Government’s decision to reduce the electricity tariff for industrial and commercial customers beginning June this year provides Sarawak with a strong competitive advantage in the form of low electricity tariff to attract high-calibre manufacturers and industrial players from all over the world to invest in Sarawak.
Specifically, Sarawak Energy’s industrial and commercial tariffs are now significantly lower than the equivalent rates in Peninsular Malaysia.
Sarawak also offers a compelling mix of other competitive advantages for power intensive manufacturing industries:
- A strategic location with good logistics, in the centre of ASEAN and in close proximity to India and China
- Politically stable and business-friendly environment with incentives for foreign investment from federal and state government
- A young and educated workforce and abundance of clean power through SCORE
- Cost effective land and entitlement to own industrial land with rebates on land acquisition costs
- Further development potential generation and infrastructure projects;
- Access to deep water ports; in Kuching, Sibu, Bintulu and Miri.
ENQUIRIES: Kindly contact Puan Kamsiah [email@example.com] / Wan Haslina [firstname.lastname@example.org], Business Environment Division, FMM HQ at Tel: 03-62867200, Fax: 03-6274 1266/7288 or E-mail: Business_Environment@fmm.org.my