FMM Seminar: Forensic Accounting & Investigative Audit - Prevention, Detection & Mitigating Risk of Financial Fraud
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Global Economic Crime Survey 2016 found that:
- Economic or white collar crime is an obstinate threat and company detection methods have not kept pace - more than 36% of organisations experience economic crime
- Financial damage was hundreds of millions of USD in some cases - 22% of respondents have never carried out a fraud risk assessment and a further 31% only carry out annual assessment
- Disconnect between the top and reality on the ground - 46% the incidents of serious economic crimes were perpetrated by internal parties
- Cost of compliance and non-compliance continues to rise
Key Takeaway from the Seminar:
Advice from Forensic Accounting experts PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Alliance IFA (M) Sdn Bhd:
- New Trends in Fraud and White-Collar Crimes and Business Risks
- Prevention, Detection & Mitigation of Fraud Risk — Forensic Audit as a Proactive Approach
- In-House Fraud Investigation — Issues Involved and Precautions
Alex Tan, Senior Executive Director, Forensic Services, PwC Malaysia. Holds a BA (Economics). Certified Fraud Examiner with 25 years of investigative experience including 9 years as an Inspectorate officer with the Royal Hong Kong Police Force and 8 years with the New Zealand Serious Fraud Office Specialises in the prevention, detection and response to financial crime particularly fraud, corruption, conflicts of interest and money laundering. He is currently part of the PwC’s Global Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Bribery and Corruption working groups. He has assisted clients with investigations into allegations of fraud, corruption, money laundering and other unethical behaviour within their organisations.
Peter Viksnins, Executive Director, Forensic Services, PwC Malaysia. Holds a Masters in Foreign Service and Bachelors in Business Administration. Certified Fraud Examiner. Internationally recognized anti-corruption specialist and an experienced forensic accounting investigator. Professional experience includes a wide variety of fraud investigations, including financial statement manipulation and accounting irregularities, asset misappropriation and corruption investigations.
Prabhat Kumar, Chief Consultant and Executive Director, Alliance IFA (M) Sdn Bhd. Qualified Chartered Accountant since 1987. Certified fraud examiner and forensic accountant. His experience includes audit and information system management for large and small manufacturing and commercial enterprises. His focus is in financial information analysis and forensic accounting and has been instrumental in instituting a sound and effective internal financial control system for various entities.
ENQUIRIES & REGISTRATION: Puan Kamsiah A Rahim / Puan Hema Thiruchelvam, Business Environment Division, Tel: 03-6286 7200 Fax: 03-6274 1266 / 7288 E-mail: Business_Environment@fmm.org.my.