June 24, 2016.
FMM in collaboration with MIER is conducting its ninth
Business Conditions Survey. The 1H2016 Survey would be tracking performance in the first half of 2016 and outlook for the next six months (July-December 2016).
As with the past eight surveys since 2012, we are tracking the FMM – MIER Business Conditions Index (FMM – MIER BCI)
, covering members’ view of their current and expected levels of general business activity, local and export sales, production volume, capacity utilisation, capital investment, employment and cost of production.
Topical issues are on:
- Export barriers in intensifying exports;
- Expanding business outside of core business as part of business strategy;
- Outsourcing non-core activities to reduce fixed and sunk costs as a new business model;
- Talent retention strategies especially in retaining high achieving individuals;
- Human resource issues - impact of minimum wage and freeze in foreign worker recruitment; and
- Corruption improvements within the organisation and in the country.
FMM aims to surpass the number of responses in past surveys which averaged around 351. We seek members’ continued support and participation to ensure that the BCI is a REPRESENTATIVE and ACCURATE index of manufacturing business trends.
Making Malaysian Industries Globally Competitive
The questionnaire takes less than ten minutes to complete. For those who wish to complete it online, please use the following link: https://kwiksurveys.com/s/l686t8BQ .
This survey is an important tool for FMM to collect feedback from members on topical issues of concern to the manufacturing sector. The FMM – MIER survey results are taken into consideration in forecasting exercises by MIER and indirectly, by Bank Negara, Ministry of Finance and MITI.
The closing date for feedback is July 31, 2016 as we target to release the results in August 2016.
Kindly respond early! Thank you for taking valuable time off to complete the questionnaire.
Enquiries: Puan Hema Thiruchelvam / Puan Kamsiah A Rahim, Business Environment Division at Tel: 03-6286 7200, Fax 03-6274 1266/7288 or e-mail: Business_Environment@fmm.org.my
Tan Sri Saw Choo Boon